Fingal County Council has put its draft Climate Change Action Plan out on public display and is seeking public submissions on it. This consultation will last until 25th March. You can see the full document here.
The Action Plan contains some good ideas about how Fingal County Council as an organisation can cut its own carbon emissions. However, the Action Plan needs to say more about how Fingal Council can help all of us living in the area to reduce our emissions.
I am hoping that people interested in the issue of Climate Change will make submissions to Fingal, calling on them to strengthen the Action Plan. Here are a couple of ideas that I think would make the Action Plan even more effective.
- Include targets for carbon emissions reductions across all of Fingal.
- Include action points on how new homes built in Fingal can be more energy efficient.
- Set out how we can improve cycling facilities and invest in public transport, so more commuters can have an alternative to their car.
Submissions can be made as follows:
- Online at https://consult.fingal.ie/
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post / hard copy addressed to: Climate Action Officer, Environment Dept., Fingal County Council County Hall, Swords, Co. Dublin.
The closing date for receipt of submissions is Monday 25th March 2019.
Submissions or observations should state your name, address, and where relevant, the organisation, body etc. represented. Please make your submission by one medium only, i.e. online submission, or email, or post / hard copy.