As you may know, Fingal County Council is currently proposing a ‘Draft Variation of the County Development Plan’, otherwise known as a rezoning, of 59.5 hectares of land at Kellystown, Dublin 15.
This is an extensive proposal and I summarize the main aspects of it below. The full extent of the plan, including maps, are available for inspection at the Fingal County Council Offices at the Blanchardstown Centre, and also on the internet:
This proposal is of major significance for the Dublin 15 area. The Dublin West Green Party will be making a submission on the proposal – I would be very interested in hearing your views. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you wish to make your own submission on the proposal, you must do so before end of business on Thursday 5th June. Submissions can be made to Senior Executive Officer, Planning Department, Fingal County Council, County Hall, Swords, Co. Dublin or be emailed to email@example.com
All submissions must include your name, address and the name of any group or organisation you represent.
Key aspects of Kellystown Rezoning
Land to be rezoned
o 24.4 hectares to be rezoned from Green Belt to Residential
o 2.8 hectares to be rezoned from Open Space to Suburban Centre
o 32.2 hectares to be rezoned from Green Belt to Open Space
It is proposed to include a number of objectives for the rezoned lands as part of a Local Area Plan (LAP)
1. Create a pedestrian/cyclist bridge connection to enable access to the local facilities in Clonsilla village.
2. Create district level services and employment generating uses (shopping, commercial and office) centred on a high quality public transport interchange.
3. Create a new Public Park of minimum 10ha. in size. This park shall be linked to Porterstown Park, Luttrellstown Road and Beech Park by dedicated pedestrian and cyclist facilities.
4. Development of a linear pedestrian/cyclist link between Clonsilla and Porterstown Stations via open space lands.
5. Protect the rural character and setting of the Luttrellstown Road and enhance its use for pedestrians and cyclists.
6. Facilitate re-location of St Mochtas FC grounds to a new site adjoining the Luttrellstown Road.
7. Programme for development of a railway station to be included as part of the LAP.
8. Provide integrated school and community/recreational facilities which may be developed in advance of the LAP.
9. Prior to the occupation of any development within the Kellystown lands, essential infrastructure shall be completed and be operational.
10. To provide for a burial ground within the Kellystown area.
Before any residential developments are occupied, the following must be completed:
o New distributor road and bridge over the Royal Canal and railway
o Development of public open space of minimum 15 ha. at Beechpark
o Development of a 32 classroom primary school, 1000 pupil post primary school and integrated community recreational facilities at Porterstown Road